Monday, April 13, 2009

Backing up a lot to Ganga Arti


Ganga Arti is a puja for the Ganga and it is so cool to watch. We have been two times to see it. One time we went with my grandma and my aunt and the other time we went just the four of us we went the four of us. We sat close to the top of the steps that go down to the Ganga. The other time we sat close to the bottom of the steps. Well maybe I shoud tell you about what it is like. The first thing to do is to go down to the river then sit down and you get to wach the puja which is made up of five or six men all doing the same thing at the same time. So what they do is ( I do not remember the order) blow through conch shells then they use a fan that is made out of peacock feathers and a cool handle. After that they use a somke thing then lets out lots of smoke in lots of directions. Then they use a fire thing that has lots of little lamps that are lit. Then they fan again then a copper pot that has a fire going inside. Then they use a big brush like thing that is made out of cotton and the same handle as on the fan. ok now I will put the one picture that I can find. I’m sory that I do not have more if I find them I’ll post them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Caitlin:
    I'm glad that you've put up a new post. Your readers are learning a lot about India from you. See you all soon!
    Love, MeeMa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. funding talent reviews

    ReplyDelete